Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bruce's Nooses Debuts

Ties? There are no ties in The Hockey. Ties were eradicated in 2005.

Mr. OC and I watch a lot of The Hockey. Specifically, many hours are devoted to watching Washington Capitals hockey, both in person and on the giant TV.

What's the best part of watching The Hockey on the giant TV? "Oh, you can see the puck and the play develop" or "It finally makes The Hockey a TV friendly sport." For me, those are great things, and I do appreciate them, but what I find most interesting is seeing the coaches, whom you can barely see when at The Hockey arena (well, at least from our seats).

Tonight while watching the game I noticed I ALWAYS comment on Washington Capitals' Coach Bruce Boudreau's tie. Whether I like the tie or not, the color, the style, the pattern, how it goes with his suit or shirt.

Thus, Bruce's Nooses. Judging Bruce's tie compared to the opposing coach's tie and which is best, dependent completely on my sense of "style."

Tonight's game:
The Washingtons vs.The Philadelphias
Final Score: Washington 5, Philadelphia 4 (SO)
Game was "tied"after regulation AND overtime

Boudreau's tie vs. Laviolette's tie

Winner: Bruce

Despite his somewhat mediocre knot, Bruce's black and silver paisley wins for largess and pattern size. Laviolette's choice of small pattern and less than inspired color makes for no true competition.

Bruce's record in inaugural Bruce's Nooses: 1-0

2 comments: